Wanna blog? Start your own hockey blog with My HockeyBuzz. Register for free today!
 

NHL MAY NOT APPROVE DIPIETRO DEAL

September 12, 2006, 9:47 AM ET [ Comments]
Eklund
RSSArchiveCONTACT
Word coming down on several fronts right now..

First the deal is 65M over 15 years, and secondly I am being told by several sources that the NHL is looking hard at this deal and may not approve it.

Rumor is that last year the Isles and DiPietro almost signed a 15 year deal and the NHL shot it down before it became reality and Wang decided against it ...Could get interesting today...I am told that it is "highly possible that the NHL lawyers, who are looking over this now, may find a loophole and nix it."

It is also possible that the deal does get approved, since theprevious one did not and Wang has made the needed corrections to this one.

Stay tuned
Join the Discussion: » Comments » Post New Comment
More from Eklund
» Duclair takes Indefinite Leave of Absense After Blow-up with Roy
» The Dirtiest Play of the Year? Chatfield should be suspended for a year,
» 9 Pending low-level RFA’s who could be offer-sheeted this summer
» Torpedo Bat Inventor Working On, and Testing New Wooden Hockeystick Design.
» The Next Great NHL Coach: David Carle