Rest or rust? Well… apparently… both! My observations on last night’s game one.
- The rust got shook off about 22:16 into the game when the Bruins finally woke up and started playing, firing off Connor Clifton’s (WHO?) goal to halve the Blues lead.
- The rest certainly looked liked it helped as well as after the Bruins woke up, it was domination time.
- Is anyone else getting tired of the whining about the officiating in these playoffs? Get over it and play the game.
- Clifton’s goal not only woke up the Bruins… it certainly got the home crowd back into the game after being quieted about :80 seconds earlier on Vladimir Tarasenko’s goal.
- The vaunted St. Louis Blues discipline certainly didn’t show itself last night… the allowed the Bruins to initiate and then retaliated… not good.
- The NHL Scouting Combine begins today in Buffalo, over 100 prospects will be put through their paces.
- Congratulations to the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies on winning the Memorial Cup over the weekend.
- Congratulations to Team Finland on winning gold in the Worlds. It’s their first gold since 2011.
- Speaking of the IIHF World Championships… Team Canada, led by Kyle Turris, won silver… Preds defenseman Dante Fabbro was also part of Team Canada.
- You have to wonder… after a point per game performance in the Worlds, has Kyle Turris regained his confidence? He had a stellar tournament. You also wonder if it boosted his trade value at all, if that is what the Predators want to do.
- One more World’s note… Dante Fabbro began the tournament as the 7th d-man and worked his way into the top six and posted a goal and two assists. Not bad for the youngster.
- What a bad message going out there for the Minnesota Wild… Multiple reports have Phil Kessel turning down the opportunity to be traded to St. Paul.
- And speaking of the Wild… how bad does Jason Zucker feel? That’s the second time in the last few months he has almost been traded… that’s enough to give a guy a complex…
- Looks like Dave Tippet is back in the NHL… the Edmonton Oilers are expected to announce him as their new head coach sometime today.
The Playoff Status
The Stanley Cup Final
Boston vs. St. Louis – BOS leads 1-0 – Game 2 – Tomorrow night on NBC
SlapShot Radio’s 11th season is on! As the longest running hockey show in the region, SSR feeds hockey fans what they crave… intelligent, fun, entertaining talk about their favorite sport and we do it from the opening of training camp all the way through the NHL Entry Draft. Only four more shows left in the season… Our next show is Wednesday night at 6pm on 102.5 the Game…
We have been delivering great hockey talk to the most energetic and engaged fans in radio and advertising with us drives awareness and results at a reasonable price. Just ask our sponsors… including day one sponsor Drs. Jane Bacon and Aileen Kruger at Hermitage Family and Cosmetic Dentistry
… make your appointment at (615) 872-7762 and Patrick J. Brown’s Farmer Insurance Agency in Mt. Juliet… I switched to them a few years back and their service has been incredible! Give Pat and his team a call at 615-288-2086. And of course… don’t forget our good friend Carter Church! Your Mufreesboro real estate expert with Weichert – The Andrews Group.
Advertisers… We are finishing the season in style and our end of season specials are just getting going… while other local hockey shows are shutting it down, we continue our coverage all the way through the end of the playoffs! Reach out to me in order to access our activated listener base though great stretch run advertising deals available combining radio with advertising right here on my blog. It is a great, cost-effective, high-visibility way to build awareness of your business. You can send me a message on the SlapShot Radio Facebook page or by messaging me right here on HockeyBuzz.
You can also keep up with all the goings on with SlapShot Radio by following the show on Twitter @SlapShotRadio1 … Also... make sure to "like" SlapShot Radio on Facebook... here's the link
If you are outside of the listening area, listen live online at The Game website
or check out the podcast about two hours after the show at on SoundCloud
KINDLE USERS: Please subscribe to Predators Buzz, a one-stop feed for all things Predators-related on HockeyBuzz. Your subscription includes a free 14-day trial and is just 99 cents per month thereafter. For more information, click here