Wanna blog? Start your own hockey blog with My HockeyBuzz. Register for free today!

Forums :: Blog World :: Thomas Townsend: Here We Go!
Thomas Townsend
Columbus Blue Jackets

Wednesday @ 4:32 PM ET
Thomas Townsend: Here We Go!
Alexzanki
Columbus Blue Jackets

Wednesday @ 4:59 PM ET
Thomas Townsend: Here We Go!
- Thomas Townsend

On paper this makes me cringe, according to daily faceoff

Grigorenko-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Domi-Atkinson
Jenner-Texier-Bemstrom ( Might as well just reinsert Jenner at center)
Foudy-Nash-Robinson

I mean seriously Grigorenko on the first ???
General Mokus
Columbus Blue Jackets

Wednesday @ 5:09 PM ET
On paper this makes me cringe, according to daily faceoff

Grigorenko-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Domi-Atkinson
Jenner-Texier-Bemstrom ( Might as well just reinsert Jenner at center)
Foudy-Nash-Robinson

I mean seriously Grigorenko on the first ???

- Alexzanki

I'm told he's looked a lot better. Maybe it'll be a Dadanov situation
Alexzanki
Columbus Blue Jackets

Wednesday @ 5:19 PM ET
I'm told he's looked a lot better. Maybe it'll be a Dadanov situation
- General Mokus

I'm hoping also , anyways knowing Torts this lineup will probably altered from top to bottom by the end of the 1st if things aren't working out.
birdie03
Columbus Blue Jackets

Wednesday @ 5:21 PM ET
Yup . . . well, Atkinson will score between 12 and 41 goals. I don't expect Foligno to get 41 points !!
Given the proper TOI, I think Foudy, Tex, Bemstrom & Grigorenko will each get 12-18 goals. If Torts buries them on the 4th line, and no PP time, all bets are off.

With Torts. Aside from what may - or maynot- have happened with Dubois. He's pushed them and got the right results - hockey wise. Yeah, you could can him after a slow start - but who do you replace him with. It would have to be someone the players will respond to. With 56-ish games this season's a crapshoot anyway. Dallas has already cancelled their first two game.
Alexzanki
Columbus Blue Jackets

Friday @ 7:58 AM ET
yikes, this season will be long
jkumpire

Friday @ 9:40 AM ET
yikes, this season will be long
- Alexzanki

Sorry guys, after the debacle last night I take back everything I said about where the CBJ will be this season. Jenner and the 1st line looked like the only people who ever shot a puck before.

I wonder if Fox Sports Ohio can play more replays of memorable games in CBJ history instead of the trainwreck of this year's team.
birdie03
Columbus Blue Jackets

Friday @ 10:24 AM ET
After seeing last night, you think Dubois hasn't already moved on ?? One SOG !
Surprisingly Domi also had only 1 SOG. But he also had only 12 minutes TOI - isn't that great for your 2C??
I thought Grigorenko & Tex looked engaged, Bjork was okay. Most of them were lethargic.
Alexzanki
Columbus Blue Jackets

Friday @ 2:14 PM ET
Sorry guys, after the debacle last night I take back everything I said about where the CBJ will be this season. Jenner and the 1st line looked like the only people who ever shot a puck before.

I wonder if Fox Sports Ohio can play more replays of memorable games in CBJ history instead of the trainwreck of this year's team.

- jkumpire

aside from Jones and Werenski ....the defense might be sub par
HenryHockey
Season Ticket Holder
Detroit Red Wings

Friday @ 9:03 PM ET
Good article on PLD trade possibilities:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/...ackets-pierre-luc-dubois/

Trading w/ Canadian teams just is not feasible in season because of the 2 wk quarantine.

I thought trading with NYR would be most beneficial for CBJ, except your return would be much poorer center.....But Strome, Kaapo, and a 2nd is a nice return....but maybe another pick in there would really move the needle.
jkumpire

Sunday @ 7:22 AM ET
Maybe both these horrible losses mean the return of the old Bridgestone Arena curse. The CBJ never won there in the past, and after a couple years with wins there it's the same old, same old.

As to PLD, I don't understand. New York is a 24-7 dumpster fire and its going to get worse. People are leaving the city and the town is a social and political disaster area. Columbus is still a large, but quiet midwestern city that is a great place to live. Why would you ever want to go there and play? Other than more flights to more cities from NYC than CMH its a worse quality of life.

My hope is that he will at least play out his contract as a #1 C and team leader. It doesn't look that way after 2 games.

3rd GM's the charm
Columbus Blue Jackets
Location: Columbus is like, if Transit rd was an entire city. It’s disgusting, completely void of charm and , OH

Sunday @ 10:54 PM ET
I said numerous times I think that CBJ take a huge step back this season. Torts has run his course. This season will not be pretty unless they get well above-average goaltending.
Alexzanki
Columbus Blue Jackets

Yesterday @ 8:04 AM ET

live footage of the cbj
3rd GM's the charm
Columbus Blue Jackets
Location: Columbus is like, if Transit rd was an entire city. It’s disgusting, completely void of charm and , OH

Yesterday @ 5:03 PM ET

live footage of the cbj

- Alexzanki

PLD played something like 36 seconds in the last 7 minutes of the game the other night.

Fire Totorella yesterday and try to make amends with the kid or trade him to New York for Zibanejad+ right now.